Internationalisation and interdisciplinary approaches in Governing Obesity
The researchers in Governing Obesity all boast a number of international collaborations and networks through academic societies, partnerships in international research consortia and as members of scientific advisory boards.
International interdisciplinary research initiatives in obesity are identified and contacted to explore the possibilities for concrete research collaborations, method harmonisation and joint strategic efforts to attract grants in Horizon2020.
Scientists from Governing Obesity are establishing an EU network for 'Social Sciences and Humanities'-research in obesity to identify ways to unleash the potential of the full spectra of the social sciences and humanities in obesity research as well as support and showcase genuine transdisciplinary obesity research that combine biomedical sciences and social sciences and humanities.
Governing Obesity supports individual internationalisation plans for our junior scientists in order to stimulate personal international networks, and this includes support of visits abroad and collaborations on complementary knowledge, data, samples, analytical platforms and other relevant topics.
In addition, we identify and build relations to international Research Excellence Initiatives that share our interdisciplinary approach.
Reports and associations in the field of obesity and related diseases:
- EU FP6 HEPADIP report: Summary and Highlights of Scientific Achievements
- Green Paper: Promoting healthy diets and physical activity: a European dimension for the prevention of overweight, obesity and chronic diseases , Commission of the European communities Brussels, 08.12.2005.
- White paper on A Strategy for Europe on Nutrition, Overweight and Obesity related health issues, Commission of the European communities Brussels, Brussels, 30.5.2007.
- Road Map for Diabetes Research in Europe
WHO, OECD and global obesity and diabetes associations
- WHO Publications on obesity and other diet-related chronic diseases
- WHO European Charter on counteracting obesity
- Alliance for European Diabetes Research (EURADIA)
- American Diabetes Association (ADA)
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Recommended Community Strategies and Measurements to Prevent Obesity in the United States , 2009, CDC
- European Association for the Study of Obesity (EASO)
- European Childhood Obesity Group (ECOG)
- Health at a Glance: Europe 2010, OECD (2010), OECD Publishing.
- World Obesity Policy & Prevention (International Obesity Task Force (IOTF))
- World Obesity Federation (Formaly International Association for the Study of Obesity (IASO))
- Tackling Obesities: the Foresight Report, UK
- NIH: Strategic plan for NIH Obesity Research (March 2011)
- OECD Factbook 2013: Overweight and obesity
- OECD publication Obesity and the Economics of Prevention: Fit not Fat
- Health at a glance 2011 (OECD)
- Health at a glance: Europe 2012 (OECD)
- Health at a Glance 2013 (OECD)
Social sciences and humanities
Danish consultation process
Download report of the Danish consultation process: